Salem Open EnrollmentEach of the K-8 school districts in the Westosha and Wilmot consortium offers comprehensive educational opportunities for its students, but no other school prepares more students forsuccess at the high school level than Salem School. Salem School students are able to experience the benefits often associated with smaller schools, while still being able to take advantage of the many wonderful resources a school of our size and diversity can provide. Salem School does have the best of both worlds! Click here to read how the successes of two former Salem students exemplify this.We encourage you to schedule a visit so that you are able to see for yourself what separates Salem School from other schools. Some of the things you will see during your visit:
• Flexible grouping of students in reading and math that allow advanced placement opportunities for them. Algebra I and Algebra II are taught in the middle school grades by teachers with high school certifications. Salem School is a leader in preparing students for success at the high school level.
• Many parent volunteers assisting teachers and students. Salem School understands the home and school connection for student academic success. A room called the Apple Core Room is intended specifically for classroom volunteers. Salem School wants parents involved!
• A Registered Nurse and a health assistant are onsite ready to tend to the immediate and ongoing healthcare of students. The safety and well-being of our students remain Salem School’s highest priority.
• A contemporary facility that is second to none locally, filled with highly qualified, experienced educators and staff members dedicated first and foremost to the students of Salem School. For example, extensive work has been done with our Response to Intervention (RtI) plan. This dedication is evident when you look over Salem's RtI framework -- especially upon examining Salem's RtI Handbook. Salem School’s plan has been used as resource for other schools to follow.
Parents who have open enrolled their children to Salem School were recently invited to provide feedback about what pleases them with their decision. Here are some of the reasons that have been shared:
• “Class size”
• “Rigor of classes”
• “Teacher communication”
• “Structure, discipline in class and around school…”
• “I love the teachers, activities, and programs offered to the kids.”
• “My child is learning something new every day and is being challenged.”
Salem School is often in the local media for some of the many exciting things happening here. View our In the News page to see a few of the times Salem has been featured in the media.
We hope to see you soon so that you can discover for yourself what Salem School can offer.
Wisconsin's inter-district public school open enrollment program allows parents to apply for their children to attend school districts other than the one in which they live. The open enrollment application period for the 2015-2016 school year is from February 2 to 4 PM on April 30.Included here, for your convenience, is a document outlining information about Wisconsin's Open Enrollment process. This document is also located on the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction's (DPI) website.Open Enrollment Brochure (pdf)Parents may apply for open enrollment in two ways. Applications may be completed online or on paper. The Wisconsin DPI recommends that parents apply online. The online application will only be available during the enrollment period. If you are reading this message during the open enrollment period, you may click here for the link to the online application. Alternatively, parents may complete and file a paper application with the school they desire to enroll their child (children). The paper application is available from the DPI as linked below.
For your convenience we have converted the printable application to pdf format. This pdf format will be helpful if you don't have MS Word to open the DPI links above.If you encounter technical difficulties, you may visit Salem School's business office (on the Highway 83 side of the school) to pick up a paper copy.Parents, if you are interested in having your child / children attend Salem School, please contact one of our administrators.Principal Dr. Eileen Brutonphone: 262.843.2356 ext 411e-mail: email@example.comAssistant Principal Mr. Wesley Riechersphone: 262.843.2356 ext 585e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgCurriculum Coordinator Ms. Michelle Marschelphone: 262.843.2356 ext 285email: email@example.comDistrict Administrator Dr. David Milzphone: 262.843.2356 ext 404e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Modified on February 3, 2015